Photoshop Online

Daily Chat

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Whisper

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:39 pm

Sheesh! I didn't realize people were still so stupid when it comes to cigarette butts.

Sounds like you have your fair share of idiot drivers there too Martha. Such a pity we've yet to come up with a way of transferring your floods to the regions with all the fires. With all our technology and space programs etc. you'd think we could figure out some method of distributing water to where it's needed quickly. Maybe one day.

My GD is here for the weekend so I better get off this plastic brain and be sociable. lol
Back to top Go down
Spherical
Owner

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:36 am

Elaine I am always surprised here when I hear of people throwing their cigarette butts out the window. It's not science to know that in climates where it's hot and dry that doing this will cause bush fires!

Enjoy your weekend to yourself Smile

Wendy there have been many great ideas put forward in regards to directing flood waters but the powers that be are so wrapt up in their own stuff and with all political correctness that goes with that, that they don't even bother. Such a shame really. They can lay gas pipes across the country but not do something about water re-direction ... sigh.

Good morning all and I ended up reading and then went to sleep as this huge cold front crossed my area! We had heavy rain, hail and thunderstorms but it's all gone now thank goodness.

http://spherical.forumotion.com/ http://sphericals.weebly.com/
GERU

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:10 am

Just a quick drop in today , been busy running around  to stores ....etc .     Sunny day here again , warm and dry , but not overly hot thank goodness . .But not rain , does not look like we  will 
l get any for a long stretch, have never seen it like this before around here , we usually get lots of rain . 

That is quite a story about the cigaret butts Elaine ... serves them right , but that type will do this again I bet . They are  saying about 75% of all BC fires were caused by careless people , wonder how many were on purpose ?  Some I bet were those partiers   that get carried away , think it's funny , lets make some work etc etc etc , sad story indeed . Yes it sure would be great if they could  distribute water all over , but that would cost a fortune .   

Hello to Rby , Whisper , and Martha ... have  a good weekend ..

Owner

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:16 am

Hi Geru Smile and you too have a great weekend!

Whisper

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:34 pm

Hi GERU and everyone else.

I had a busy weekend with my GD. Got dragged shopping for her to buy a new watch with some birthday vouchers and money she had. We've had lots of thunderstorms and heavy rain and this week is meant to continue very wet too. Quite cool coming up to August. Only just scraping 60F.

Lunch has been brought forward this week because my sister is working at 3pm so it's back to the housework for me.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:38 pm

Hi all. Just read back to see what you have all been up to. And just catching up on the world news too which I haven't bothered to watch these last few days.

About to take the dog out for a walk while the sun is still shining. No idea how long that will last before it pees down again. At the moment the sky is clear where I am but I can see dark clouds in the distance. I'm hoping they wont come our way.

Saw a woodpecker wandering on the grass outside my window yesterday. Although we are meant to have a lot around here they aren't very often seen on the ground. Tried to take a couple of photos of it, but he was a bit far away to get a decent one.

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:55 pm

Hi all......been a busy weekend......was at the shop all day Sat......inspections, tire changes, parts sales, etc. Not surprised....it was the first nice day we've had in a long time......temps in the 70s and no humidity brought everybody out! Sunday we went to a breakfast buffet at Sylvan Beach plus they had a Corvette show going on......Dick's cousin was a vendor so we hung out with him for a bit.....weather was good again.....and weather is good today.....WOW....3 days in a row! That's a record for sure!

Need to catch up on some house stuff today......other than that should be a quiet day.

Am off to get busy.....enjoy your day!
Back to top Go down
Spice

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:12 am

Not really Zandranna. I once made a FB account using the name Isabella Winters....lol!
Back to top Go down
Spherical
Owner

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:28 pm

Evening everyone and it's a cold one here. We've had nasty cold fronts come through over the weekend and it was mayhem! Heavy rain, hail, thunderstorms and 100km an hr wind. It sure felt like winter and I was lucky where I live, but places north from me and south copped the full brunt with damages to houses; trees uprooted and north from me even a tornado thrown into the mix!

I just left my computer, modem and tv unplugged as it wasn't worth risking so I've had a few days away from the boards.
Slowly catching up everywhere and hoping to visit a few boards tonight.

Not long got home from Catherine's place as she invited me to come over for dinner Smile Yummy dinner too and I took some home for tomorrow night as well.

Wendy that has been our temp; around the 60F or 15C and for us that is cold LOL. Today was colder and this morning it was only 2C.

rbyslprs

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:32 am

Hi all! Was a busy morning.....errands to run and a dentist appointment.....just a cleaning so that went pretty quick. Did some shopping too....bought some capris pants or crop pants, whatever they call them. Had a gift card so it was even better! LOL

It's now 4 days in a row without any rain! But it is hot today......turned the a/c back on last night after it being off for a couple of days. We have no breeze today and it's 85* so a/c is a must. I, for one, will be glad when fall arrives.

The guys are going to bike night tonight......I'm not.....want to do some laundry, etc. Plus it's too hot to be standing around outside.

Am off to throw in some laundry.....enjoy your evening!
Back to top Go down
GERU

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:41 am

Quick drop in weather is getting hotter , 26c right now .  and a real heat wave is expected over the next few days ,  By Thursday it calls for highs up to   38c = 100F  . affraid OMG , and we are getting smoky air here  right now , from the fires  , not looking forward to all this . Mad , hope my 3 fans will keep me going .

I need to clean windows today , they are getting done on the outside tomorrow , then get to the village later on and buy a few store up things, might not get out there if it's to bad the next few days .

I am off to find the Wizard  jocolor

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:02 pm

Yuk! Heat and smoke don't sound like a pleasant combination. Rby you can have my rain. We've had nothing but for a week now and more to come. lol @ Martha. Your winter = our summer temp. I can't wait to head to California and see some sunshine. Just watch they'll have rare floods or something. lol

Boring chores and noisy builders for me today. I'll be glad when they're done building those houses.
Back to top Go down
rbyslprs

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:32 pm

Morning all......another hot day on tap......and humid.....yuck. We might even have rain......so far we've had 5 days in a row without rain! That's a good thing because we have been waterlogged for quite some time.

Nothing special planned for today......at least not yet......we'll see what happens!

Whisper.....no thanks on taking your rain.....we've had more than enough rain this year.....had severe flooding in some areas......but thanks for the offer! Very Happy

Am off for more coffee.....enjoy your day.
Back to top Go down
Spherical
Owner

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:57 am

Thursday here already and another cold front is expected today.

Geru I would to have those temps Smile as I love the heat so much better then this biting cold, wind and hail. But the heat combined with that smoke is no good and will affect a lot of people!

Wendy I hope the weather will be fabulous when you get to California Smile. Yes I know anything above 20C feels like summer for you over there but here those are Spring or Autumn temps hahaha.

toetapping

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:27 pm

Winter has not much longer to go and we have hardly had our AC.  It has been so mild.  At long last all our medical appointments have finished been going since last April and it is just wonderful to have a normal life again.

A pleasant day here I spend the morning in the garden, bought some flowers yesterday and pots and put them all around the front door. It makes a welcome look.

Martha and everyone have a lovely day.
Back to top Go down
http://nicetomeet.proboards.com/
Beckea

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:44 pm

@GERU wrote:
Just a quick drop in today , been busy running around  to stores ....etc .     Sunny day here again , warm and dry , but not overly hot thank goodness . .But not rain , does not look like we  will 
l get any for a long stretch, have never seen it like this before around here , we usually get lots of rain . 

That is quite a story about the cigaret butts Elaine ... serves them right , but that type will do this again I bet . They are  saying about 75% of all BC fires were caused by careless people , wonder how many were on purpose ?  Some I bet were those partiers   that get carried away , think it's funny , lets make some work etc etc etc , sad story indeed . Yes it sure would be great if they could  distribute water all over , but that would cost a fortune .   

Hello to Rby , Whisper , and Martha ... have  a good weekend ..

Down here in Washington at least Eastern Washington we are getting the smog/smoke from the fires in BC. My asthma has been just awful.

One benefit of Summer was that each day we had more light to read by.”  

Jeannette Walls, The Glass Castle

Back to top Go down
Beckea

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:46 pm

@Spherical wrote:
Thursday here already and another cold front is expected today.

Geru I would to have those temps Smile as I love the heat so much better then this biting cold, wind and hail. But the heat combined with that smoke is no good and will affect a lot of people!

Wendy I hope the weather will be fabulous when you get to California Smile. Yes I know anything above 20C feels like summer for you over there but here those are Spring or Autumn temps hahaha.
We are in Washington State and just below BC so yes we know it because we have smog and smoke from it.

One benefit of Summer was that each day we had more light to read by.”  

Jeannette Walls, The Glass Castle

Back to top Go down
Whisper

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:38 pm

Nothing interesting going on here today. A few chores and apart from that I'm hibernating and catching up online and with a few of my favourite TV shows. It's very windy and bucketing down with rain so I'm happy I don't need to venture out.
Back to top Go down
rbyslprs

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:36 am

Just got in from mowing both lawns......wanted to do it yesterday but it was 92* and NO breeze......it's warm today but at least there is a breeze. Need to do some house stuff and throw in some laundry.

Beckea.....I see you're from Washington state.....I have friends who live in Renton.....they have a business at set up at Pike Place Market.

Am off to get busy.....enjoy your day.
Back to top Go down
Spherical
Owner

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:07 am

What a difference with our winter then Joy! Just hope that a lot of all that rain ended up in our dams.

Good morning and it's not as cold today then what it has been. It's my usual busy Friday so got up early after a good night's sleep and catching up on the boards before I head out.

ElaineH

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:47 am

wow i didn't realize it's been so long since i last posted here!
Hello everyone,
Thursday evening here in Vancouver. 
Still no break from the sun & heat. Even my cat is more lethargic & grumpy than usual. 
We've got another long weekend coming up. Monday is British Columbia Day. WooHoo!
  The festival Of Lights fireworks competition is happening downtown this week. It gets very crowded and unless you plop yourself down on the beach or in the park quite early in the morning, it's not likely you'll find a decent place to watch from, so we won't be doing that Smile
The White Rock Sea Festival might be an option though & I'd also love to go to the Pride Parade on Sunday....
Anyway, maybe I can talk Roomie into doing something. It's really up to him since he's the driver Smile
Back to top Go down
Whisper

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:03 pm

Sounds like you have some choices about what to do which is always nice. Still no break in the rain here and it's a max of 61F forecast. lol Welcome to a British Summer.

I'm going to get drenched grocery shopping and get it over with and then once I've dropped mum's off I'll be staying home.
Back to top Go down
rbyslprs

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:30 pm

Morning all. Another hot, humid day here.....but it will cool off for the weekend.....yay!

Puttering around today and doing laundry......good day to stay inside.

Am off to get busy.....enjoy your day.
Back to top Go down
Spherical
Owner

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:00 am

Sounds like a lovely weekend with plenty of choices Elaine Smile Fingers crossed that no fires are started if there is fireworks as well!

Not nice to have such a wet summer Wendy but I guess you are used to it.

Have a nice weekend everyone. I've got nothing planned so hoping to just have a lazy weekend, snuggled up with a few movies and my kindle Smile

Mozzie

Male

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:17 am

Good morning all, well i think the worse of the storms are over with, but it is still gloomy out there, we have been of the net for a few days, the winds were bad, the ocean was a mess with waves all over the place, crap everywhere, but no one got hurt around here so that was the main thing, we are still expecting rain here so we will have to wait and see

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   

Back to top Go down

Daily Chat
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 35 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next