Daily Chat

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Spherical
Owner

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:20 am

Good morning all ... still dark, wet and cold here but at least I had a good sleep Smile

I have a birthday to go to tomorrow so need to get a small present today but other then that nothing is planned.

I don't like, rabbits, PG or rats lol so would never have them!

Would it not be easier to have an appointment diary page that you could print out and add to your FiloFax Sandy? I reckon they would be easy enough to create.

Oh I hope you get the rain and that it will help with the fires Geru!

http://spherical.forumotion.com/ http://sphericals.weebly.com/
Whisper

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:41 pm

I'm not busy with animals or moving just with mum. lol A bit of an early morning crisis but all settled down now thankfully.

I was called out before my first coffee of the day so I'm catching up now on boards, chores and caffeine. I may be properly functional in another hour. I'm just glad I didn't have visitors this weekend too. My manners may not have been impeccable. lol
Back to top Go down
rbyslprs

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:23 am

Hi all......still hot and humid here with rain on the way for later this afternoon. Just puttering around here......laundry, etc.

Simon is exhausted.....he's been playing hard this morning......keeps us hopping....he loves playing with his humans.

I love animals......actually I like them better than I do most people. We co-exist with the wild creatures that live in the woods behind our house......they are comical at times.....and they've NEVER destroyed anything in my flower beds or even our veggie garden when we had one. We just all get along......the only one that gets snarky is the snake......we had a stand off the other day......I was on my riding mower and the snake just didn't want to move......hello! guess he didn't realize that mower could chop him up pretty quickly.......so, I got off the mower and got a stick and touched his tail.....he decided to move then.....and there's these really itty bitty frogs this year......almost gave me a heart attack when they suddenly jumped up out of the grass! I waited until they were in a safe spot.....I would never intentionally run over a creature.....

Am off to toss some laundry in.....enjoy your day.
Back to top Go down
GERU

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:47 am

We are overcast , with patches of blue here and there, mild 50F . Had a light sprinkle overnight , we need a good soak for those darn fires .  There are over 400 burning in BC it read , and

44000 people are displaced right now

Provincial Income tax will increase next year , to cover the millions they are putting out right now

Good luck with finding the right Birthday present Martha, hope you have fun tomorrow .
 And I would not keep rats either ... lol  , don't they feed rats milk in India,? think I read  they eat them,  that is so hard to believe .   Well, they eat dogs pale in China, so why not rats ?  Crying or Very sad

Having to run to the hospital before coffee  affraid Whisper? I really and truly don't understand , don't they have nurses ?

Looks like Simon is keeping you young Rby, running and playing  around with him , well, takes his mind of his ouch ouch .... lol .    He will be fit in no time flat     Snakes you say ? oh my , you were brave to get off that mower , just be careful. You are lucky the critters don't eat up your flower beds, the deer used to eat up all my posies , I finally gave up , just planted bushes .

I am off to get some work done now .

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:35 am

I thought we were having company this weekend but she's very bi-polar and has changed her mind. That doesn't exactly mean she mean she won't just show up though  Rolling Eyes  LOL
Back to top Go down
Spherical
Owner

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:42 am

Morning all and still very early here but I fell asleep early last night. Had a full on day with visitors and in the afternoon a birthday to attend so no time for the computer.

Wow those fires still burning Geru! Those poor people and the fire fighters must be exhausted.

I've got a busy day today but am hoping to get some time to visit a few boards to catch up.

Mozzie

Male

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:40 pm

Not a lot happening here, taking the time to post while the kids are at school

Whisper

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:48 pm

Not the hospital GERU. I had to go round mum's house. She wouldn't let the carer or my brother get her out of bed because of the pain. I got her up and dressed and she has extra pain relief now and is doing much better. She allowed my brother to get her out of bed yesterday and the carer to help her get washed and dressed etc. No early phone call so far this morning. Probably a bit early for the carer to have arrived still but I'm hoping all will go smoothly this morning and I won't need to dash round there. Mum definitely seemed much chirpier yesterday.

I need to catch up on some housework today. I know what you mean about your visitor Elaine. My granddaughter may or may not be visiting tomorrow. She was coming last week but cancelled for work. My daughter is the same way. Neither are bi-polar just a bit scatty and lead chaotic lives. I've stopped rearranging anything around them now. Either they turn up and I'm here or I'm not and they'll have to wait or they don't show up at all. Drives me a bit nuts. I like to be organized. lol
Back to top Go down
rbyslprs

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:55 pm

Morning all.....it's pouring rain here today and the humidity is 90% outside......my a/c is still on.....don't need that kind of humidity in the house.

Simon is back to bed......had a busy morning playing with his humans! LOL Just wears himself out!

Just doing house stuff today.......not going out in this rain......errands can wait until tomorrow!

Am off to do some chores.....enjoy your day.
Back to top Go down
Spice

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:58 am

Good afternoon. Not much happening here. Light chores, exercise and I watched the second episode of Game of Thrones.

Hope you are all having a good day.
Back to top Go down
Spherical
Owner

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:21 pm

Wendy I hate it when you count on people coming over for lunch or dinner and have cooked a big meal to then them not showing up. It used to really get to me; now I just freeze the extra food and that's that lol.

I've been busy at Catherine's house and the end of house sitting is near LOL.
Will go over tomorrow and mop her floors and wipe the bathrooms and that will be it.

At least is quiet when the kids are at school Brad Smile

Hope the humidity eases for you Rby!

Spice I have not watched the latest episodes of Games of Thrones and most likely will wait till the season is finished so i can have a marathon session or 2 hahahaha.

GERU

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:59 am

We  are having another very  humid day here, don't do humidity well, have 3 fans running , helps some .

Finally made it to the downtown by bus, to buy my lazy boy chair . Took some time , finally decided on one , but it has to be special factory ordered  , as I want black and not brown like they had on hand , so.... got to wait 6 weeks for it to arrive . Had to pay extra of course for delivery and for unpacking and set up , get rid of wrapping etc .   , they got you coming or going .

Met a women with  her 4 kids  on the bus , who was here from Kenya on a Holiday , to visit with her twin daughters , that she has put in College here . Interesting how we managed to communicate , their English was  minimal . Their dark dark skin was decked out with lots of Gold  , and all were dressed very nice and modern ,  she has a well to do Grandfather in the Safari business  she told me , who is financing it all ..... how fortunate .

Hello to Martha from the future , hello to Whisper , Rby, Spice , Elaine and Mozzie , have a great day ladies .

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:29 am

The appointment diary arrived with no problem.  As I say, they don't want the other one sent back.  I agree Martha, I could make one for my Filofax but I wanted an A5 appointments to have laying open next to my computer rather than keep opening my Filo and finding the right place.  I want the appointments diary for a specific reason, not to take the place of the diary I have in my Filo already.

I hate being let down when I have planned my day around someone else.

My girls watch Game of Thrones.  I watched the first episode of the first series and it just wasn't for me.  Not my thing at all.

I loath it when one has to wait weeks and weeks for furniture, and it's never on time. It always takes longer than they say it will. I hope you get yours when you expect it Geru.

I think Louie might be staying here with the girls until the Sunday after I have moved on the Saturday.  They will probably keep him overnight and then bring him over sometime Sunday when convenient for them.  I think that's best because I should be all sorted and settled by the time he comes over.  Not that the chaos of moving would bother him.  He would see it as great fun but would be under my feet all the time wanting to join in the unpacking.  As most of you know.  He just never sleeps all the time things are going on.

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:07 am

I had a quiet day inside today. I only went out to water plants and take some extreme macro pics of the weird little beetles on my nasturtiums. I'll upload them tomorrow. Tonight I'm going to find a TV show to watch, get into bed and fall asleep to it. I haven't seen the last season of Orange Is The New Black yet...hmmm maybe. I feel like I need to be in the right mood for that show.
So anyhoo! That's my super exciting life lol
Back to top Go down
Whisper

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:03 pm

Nothing interesting happening here either Elaine. lol I lead a very mundane life most of the time. It only seems to be punctuated by minor or sometimes major disasters.

Martha the days are long gone when I cooked for any of them. They fend for themselves when they show up now. That occasionally includes cooking but more often it's takeaway since they're not usually here for long and are doing other things. At least they feed me now instead of the other way around. lol
Back to top Go down
rbyslprs

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:07 pm

Morning all! Rained again last night......today is suppose to be dry. I am so tired of rain. Don't plan on mowing until the weekend.....Sat. & Sun are looking good.

Not sure what's on my agenda for today.......I know I will be home......spent enough time yesterday on the road doing errands. Besides, Simon prefers that I'm home......just so he knows where I am! ROFL

Am off for more coffee.......enjoy your day.
Back to top Go down
toetapping

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:32 am

Good morning everyone.  Off to the dentist and do hope my new teeth are ready to be taken home.
Back to top Go down
http://nicetomeet.proboards.com/
Spherical
Owner

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:06 pm

Afternoon all and I have finally got time to sit at my computer for a bit.
Catherine's house is all sorted and I had to run back there today to take her outdoor sun blind down as we're in for a huge winter storm in a few hours!
No idea if I have power later or internet so posting now while I can.

To the left is what's heading our way and the dark mass in the middle is Australia.

Spherical
Owner

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:16 pm

Brad I'm thinking of you and your family as you guys down south will be copping it worse then us! Stay warm, dry and save. rain

You mentioning nasturtiums Elaine reminds me that I need to take some seeds to my friend's mum! She has the yellow/orange flowers with light green leaves one. I have that too but I also have the dark red flower with dark green leaves one.

Oh I have to still watch quiet a few episodes of Orange Is The New Black! Smile

Wendy we tend to have take away more often too now or go out for lunch or dinner. I tend to cook for friends that come over for when we have a movie night at my place.

Rby we've had 4 weeks of rain now with the odd day of sunshine. This is winter for us here though and we sure need every single rain drop to hopefully fill our dams!

Joy fingers crossed your teeth are all sorted now and you can start eating properly again!

Whisper

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:36 pm

Lots of thunderstorms here last night and enough rain to float a boat. It's quietened down this morning but more are forecast for later in the day.

I'm catching up on heaps of chores I've kept putting off all week. Bedding's in the machine. I've done some ironing. Cleaned out my guinea pig guest and she's happily munching on hay and red peppers of all things. She seems to love them. She eats cabbage and spinach and apple and carrot and the usual things if nothing else is on offer but if peppers are around she grabs them and runs and hides. Maybe she thinks I'll steal them back. The cat had a good nose at what she was getting but didn't seem impressed. lol
Back to top Go down
GERU

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:25 am

Nice sunny day here, dry , 20c  so I am good with that .

I  heard from my son last evening , letting me know he made it through fiery BC in to Alberta to his destination without seeing much smoke and no fires at all . Wow , was I relived to hear that .With all the stories and pictures they showed on the Internet, I was quite upset .  He will be there for a few month , hopefully the fires will all be out  by then. Lets hope we get  some rain soon 

Nothing much is otherwise new here right now , doing laundry again , run errands later .

I hope that big bad winter storm won't do to much damage Martha  , curl up in a blanket and keep warm .  Sending some red peppers by airmail express Whisper  , got to keep your little critter happy  cat!!    Hope the new dentures are doing their stuff  Toe Tapping   , happy eating .     Orange is the new Black ?  Are those the New Episodes ?  MY hair stood up straight watching the first Episodes  Elaine snapout  .. ..... and send your rain to BC ... Rby  then we will both be happy .

I am off to do some work .

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:55 pm

Thanks GERU. lol My guest is going home tomorrow but I'll pass them on when they arrive. Glad your son had a fairly uneventful trip. I wish I could send this rain. It's been pretty torrential for three days now.

Nothing exciting happening. I'm going to do mine and mum's grocery shopping this morning so I'll undoubtedly get drenched. Other than that I'm hibernating.
Back to top Go down
rbyslprs

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:00 am

Hi all......finally getting here.......puttered around this morning then just finished mowing both lawns.....we actually have NO RAIN today! Not suppose to have any over the weekend either! YAY! Four days in a row without rain.....that's a record for us this year.

Need to run to Aldi for a few canned goods that I'm out of and that's it for today.......enjoy your evening!
Back to top Go down
Spherical
Owner

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:58 am

Other then mild flooding everything is ok around my place. The roads where horrendous to drive on with sheer wind/rain and of course the idiots that think speeding up to you is fun!
Picked Catherine and boyfriend up from the airport yesterday and the trip back to her house nearly saw us in an accident ... arghh some people don't below on the road is this weather. Anyway we made it safely to her house.

Another big cold front with hail and thunderstorms is heading our way so posting this while I can and before I unplug my computer and modem.

Geru happy to hear your son arrived safe and sound Smile

ElaineH

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:42 am

Good evening everyone!♥
My day was great. Today is my friend/Roomie's birthday so he's on a road trip to go see his family in the mountains. He probably saw some devastation by wildfires but many of the significant fires are under control at the moment. The interior is expecting lightning this weekend though, and it's very very dry. I will not be surprised when more towns are evacuated. My mountain town had some close calls but the fighters were very quick and got things under control fairly quickly. There was a report of the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) following behind some tourists driving along the lake day before yesterday. The passenger flicked a burning butt out the window into some tall dry grass which immediately lit up. The policemen were able to put out the fire, pull over the couple & give them some very hefty fines, plus a tow and driving licence revoked! Some people are SO stupid and disrespectful! I hope they've learned their lesson.
Anyway, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my home town will be safe for the rest of the summer. It's very beautiful up there but right now everything is parched. Today their temperature was 38C.
So I've got the entire weekend to myself and omg am I ever relaxing! Usually I make sure to get any work done before the weekend or Roomie will follow me around and try to help with everything. Now if only he'd mow the lawn weeds  Razz
I'm still waiting for my squash plants to flower. A friend said to give them some Epsom salts, so I'll try that this weekend.
That's it! I'm a smiling happy camper trying to not make too many plans Smile
Have an amazing weekend everyone!♥
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   

Back to top Go down

Daily Chat
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 34 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next