Daily Chat

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Spherical
Owner

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:09 pm

I'm on paperwork overload lol. Had to print out 65 pages from one file the government send me! I rang them and told them if they wanted people to fill all that out then they should be sending those forms in the snail mail; not send that as an attachment!
People are struggling as it is and having to print such huge files is just wrong.

Anyway I'm half way through their requirements and spend a tripple appointment with my GP just for that ... sigh. Now I need to get about 7 different scans, ultrasound and MRI done! Trying to get it all done on the 1 day will be the hard part.

I guess this is one way for the government to spend their money and all in the name of saving money! Hahahaha you gotto laugh with this craziness otherwise it would send you around the bend!

Good luck with the lounge room Brad Smile

Wendy we've had lots of rain here too and it's cold!

Hi Linette and those are about the same temps as we're having but with a biting cold wind to go with it!

Oh I love getting my hair done Beckea as I love the head massage that goes with it lol.

Happy creating Elaine Smile

http://spherical.forumotion.com/ http://sphericals.weebly.com/
Beckea

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:30 pm

@Spherical wrote:
I'm on paperwork overload lol. Had to print out 65 pages from one file the government send me! I rang them and told them if they wanted people to fill all that out then they should be sending those forms in the snail mail; not send that as an attachment!
People are struggling as it is and having to print such huge files is just wrong.

Anyway I'm half way through their requirements and spend a tripple appointment with my GP just for that ... sigh. Now I need to get about 7 different scans, ultrasound and MRI done! Trying to get it all done on the 1 day will be the hard part.

I guess this is one way for the government to spend their money and all in the name of saving money! Hahahaha you gotto laugh with this craziness otherwise it would send you around the bend!

Good luck with the lounge room Brad Smile

Wendy we've had lots of rain here too and it's cold!

Hi Linette and those are about the same temps as we're having but with a biting cold wind to go with it!

Oh I love getting my hair done Beckea as I love the head massage that goes with it lol.

Happy creating Elaine Smile
Me too. I also like to be pampered!!!! LOL

One benefit of Summer was that each day we had more light to read by.”  

Jeannette Walls, The Glass Castle

Back to top Go down
Whisper

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:03 pm

That's a ridiculous thing to send as an attachment Martha. No way would I print out anything that size.  Good luck jumping through all the hoops required!

Those temperatures looked lovely to me Linette. Cool enough to sleep but warm during the day.

We've gone from downpours all day yesterday to a sunny, fairly warm morning. I hope it lasts since I've optimistically hung washing outdoors. I'm going to comb the cat who's shedding everywhere next and then I have no idea.
Back to top Go down
GERU

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:34 am

Another warm sunny day here, dry and windy , and that sure does not help the BC fires .

I am really worried , my son has to drive to Calgary Alberta , coming from Vancouver BC . That means he has to go right through the worst of the fire district areas via trans Canada  #1, oh dear .This is where his job is for 4 month every year . If he does not go... the mortgage does not get paid ... that sort of thing .... Mad  , and there is all the worry about getting trapped some place with these wild fires .     

Hello

to everyone here , hope you all have a nice day .

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:29 am

It's heating up here today, 23C right now. 
The neighbours hired some guys to clean up their overgrowth and that they did do! We were 'borrowing' some branches from their grapevine which is right next to our hedges. I had some fruit-bearing vines draped over my arbour. Those are the branches they chopped. No grapes for us.Sad  They also killed both of the apple trees in our backyard, dang it! I'm trying to be ok with it though. I can't expect any favours from them.
cheers It was great to see you at Canadian Bacon Becky! Enjoy your night on the town tonight Smile
♥Have an awesome day everyone♥
Back to top Go down
Spherical
Owner

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:04 pm

Wendy I did say a few choice words when I spoke to the rep from the government Laughing and she actually agreed with me but tried to shove it of to everything going digital blah blah blah.  So I put in a review form to them in which I stated that using common sense when it comes to huge attachments does not require the internet!!!

Geru I don't know over there but here in Australia you will not be allowed to drive through those areas, especially if there is still a fire burning. I hear what you say but at the end of the day, his life is more important!

Oh bugger, sorry to hear that Elaine ... I've had that happen to me too with grape vines but couldn't say anything as it was like yours; coming over the fence from a neighbour.

Well I'm slowly getting through the 65 pages LOL ... 3 more days of appointments next week!

Just happen to have had my hearing appointment this week as well and I need new hearing aids! Thank goodness for my government subsidy on that one as I just didn't have a spare $3800.
I really needed a better hearing aid but the one where you can regulate all the background noise is not subsidised and would cost me over $11.000,= .... sigh.

Whisper

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:20 pm

Yikes! That's a heck of a lot of money even for state of the art hearing aids.

My internet went down yesterday so I rang them. Yes there was a fault on their network. It would be fixed by 9pm. Well it connected at 9. Just. Download speed was 0.44mbps as opposed to 75mbps. Then it was 3am and then 10am. Got an e-mail at 10 to say it was fixed. It was at 1.67mbps so I rang them again. They'd look into it. It's now at 44mbps. A vast improvement I suppose but not what I call fixed! It doesn't fill me with confidence that it isn't going to go down again today.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:05 pm

Oh heck. You all seem to have a lot on your plates at the moment. I hope all works out for you all without too much stress.

I"ve got about an hour to waste before I nip over to my flat and start with the proper measuring up for things. Once I've done that I can order the bits I need.

Female

PostSubject: Good morning    Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:04 am

@ElaineH wrote:
It's heating up here today, 23C right now. 
The neighbours hired some guys to clean up their overgrowth and that they did do! We were 'borrowing' some branches from their grapevine which is right next to our hedges. I had some fruit-bearing vines draped over my arbour. Those are the branches they chopped. No grapes for us.Sad  They also killed both of the apple trees in our backyard, dang it! I'm trying to be ok with it though. I can't expect any favours from them.
cheers It was great to see you at Canadian Bacon Becky! Enjoy your night on the town tonight Smile
♥Have an awesome day everyone♥
Holy crap what's up with that, aren't these the same neighbours that shared at one point in time or still share the same landlord as you?
@Spherical wrote:
Wendy I did say a few choice words when I spoke to the rep from the government Laughing and she actually agreed with me but tried to shove it of to everything going digital blah blah blah.  So I put in a review form to them in which I stated that using common sense when it comes to huge attachments does not require the internet!!!

Geru I don't know over there but here in Australia you will not be allowed to drive through those areas, especially if there is still a fire burning. I hear what you say but at the end of the day, his life is more important!

Oh bugger, sorry to hear that Elaine ... I've had that happen to me too with grape vines but couldn't say anything as it was like yours; coming over the fence from a neighbour.

Well I'm slowly getting through the 65 pages LOL ... 3 more days of appointments next week!

Just happen to have had my hearing appointment this week as well and I need new hearing aids! Thank goodness for my government subsidy on that one as I just didn't have a spare $3800.
I really needed a better hearing aid but the one where you can regulate all the background noise is not subsidised and would cost me over $11.000,= .... sigh.
Holy crap that's a lot of money, with all the money the government takes from us you'd think he would cover it.  Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://canadianforumchat.freeforums.net
GERU

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:41 am

good morning , nice day here , mild 17c , bit overcast but now clearing . it is dry , no rain in sight for days and days and days it says . Crying or Very sad

Martha;  oh boy , all that money for a hearing aid ?  The golden years , yup .... for the businesses .
And about the fires ... I am with you , my sons life is more important then paying the mortgage ,  I sure hope HE  feels that way too , so daring at times , but hope you are right about not being able to drive through certain districts .  As long as they are detecting all the wild fires ., they are unpredictable .

Elaine ;  Sorry you lost the lovely  fruit supply  ,  As I read about your joint landlord , it's kind of mean for your neighbours to cut it all down ... but .....  Basketball

Whisper:   yes the Internet can be a pain in the neck alright , technology can drive us all nuts , but we would be lost without it all now , 

Ps, top 100 ??  voting ? been looking and trying to figure it all out , got lost seems complicated here at times ... lol , you are to advanced for me ... lol 

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:33 pm

Morning all......did some last minute errands yesterday.......have a couple of things left to do then we're set for company.....they should be arriving sometime this afternoon. Have to go over to my neighbor's house and let Jake out for potty......they are already at the Syracuse Nationals with their car. Normally I would bring Jake here but he doesn't like cats.......I don't need that action going on!
Rained last night and it's cloudy and overcast today......on/off showers are on tap for today but for tomorrow & Sunday it's looking good.......and the temps will be comfortable......the guys will be happy about that because walking around the car show on blacktop can zap the life out of you if it's too hot out there.
The price of hearing aids is ridiculous.....here in the states Medicare doesn't pay for them either......nor do they pay for dental or eyeglasses.....really ticks me off.
Am off to get busy.....enjoy your day!
Back to top Go down
ElaineH

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:21 am

Good Morning everyone!
It's another warm one here & the fires are expected to get worse with strong winds this weekend. So sad Crying or Very sad
I've actually been feeling well enough to get some yard work done, mainly getting rid of the the crazy overgrowth of blackberry branches everywhere. You'd think the blackberries would grow newbies just around where the parent plants are but nope! Those babies can travel! lol So anyway, that's been a lot more work than I'm used to but it feels good to have accomplished it, for now anyway. I'm sure I'll need to do it again in a couple months. My hands are so scratched up but  Very Happy I'm proud of the scratches and blood LOL
I've got other housework to finish today so I can hide in my room all weekend while Roomie drinks beer & watches sports on TV. Laughing
Still haven't heard a peep about housing.

Back to top Go down
toetapping

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:14 am

Good morning everyone.  Have a lovely day.  Nice and sunny here and just about to go down the beach for our walk.
Back to top Go down
http://nicetomeet.proboards.com/
Spherical
Owner

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:33 am

Same thing here Rby with dental and glasses and with private health insurance it stills ads up way too much to hand out every time.

They've made quiet a few changes to the age pension here too and not in a good way either; but at the same time the politicians got a pay rise of roughly $10,000 per year each!!
Police Union is scrambling to even get a pay rise for all their officers and same thing goes for nurses, fire fighter, teachers etc. The ones that put their life's on the line get diddly squat but the ones in the high towers get it all .... I'm so over it yuck.

Well one more coffee and then I'm of to Catherine's house and take her car for a drive again and check her mail; air the house etc.
She's having a blast of a time on her holiday and so well deserved to Smile

Yesterday was the last day for helping out Natasja with her house so thank goodness that's all done now! I've hardly had any time for myself but that's what us mothers do I guess lol.

Sandy yes it has been crazy busy for me lately!

Linette nothing to do with our health comes cheap these days and for the government it's all about money; not their people.

Geru and Elaine .. hope they get those fires under control soon and that no lives are lost!
Woohoo well done Elaine; feels good to achieve things I know! Rest well over the weekend.

Morning to you Joy Smile I miss my daily walk on the beach.

Whisper

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:12 pm

Well done Elaine. You've made me feel very lazy now. lol I don't have a garden any more but I remember well the ongoing battle with blackberry runners. They travel a long way underground and pop up wherever they please.

Enjoy your company rby.

I've never lived near enough to a beach to just walk there. I remember your videos with the dogs though Martha. Beautiful place.

I'm just doing boring chores. I was up early for a delivery that hasn't shown up which is irritating.

Watching The Voice Kids this evening. First year we've had the kids' one here and so far it's pretty good.
Back to top Go down
GERU

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:03 am

Temps cropping up a bit  here,  still dry , wind forecast for the weekend ..  Oh dear . We had a wild fire west of the City , a house was destroyed , they had no insurance . Can't figure out about the wild fire here, it really has not been to hot so far this summer , no rain mind you. I bet folks are being  careless with their cigarette buts . Smoking should be banned all around if you asked me .  Ha ha ha , wishful thinking on my part, Marijunana  will be legalized next summer ... and then watch out Sad

Rby: enjoy the car show festivities, and your company this weekend , weather sounds like it will be OK .
Elaine; Congrats on the yard work you been doing , take care of those hands .... !!  I have been there and done that , and have not forgotten the yard work ... lol 

Martha:   Our health care does not pay for glasses , hearing aids , or dentist work  either , I have Blue Cross besides , but they only pay a small part of the bill you get , so it the same all over by the sounds of  it .  Catherine is lucky to have you check on her house etc , how nice of you . 
Whisper:  I am presently waiting on a delivery too, just hate all that waiting , you can't leave the house , until later on tn the day , yuk yuk .

Toetapping
; enjoy that beach walking  , I must go soon , it's quite a walk from here , used to take the car, but sold it ... and I miss it .

Have a nice day all .

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:46 am

It's a warm Saturday evening here. 22 C outside but funnily enough my laptop is staying cooler than usual. Usually, after a few hours of being on, the CPU temp hits nearly 100 C. She's staying at around 66 today. Finicky thing Rolling Eyes
I found some red lentil penne noodles at the Bulk Barn today, of all places. The only ingredient is Organic red lentils. I looked around at other healthy organic stuff they have and so will go back to shop again when I have a little more money. The penne is awesome! I suppose if I were used to eating pasta I might think there is quite a difference but it's been a long time. I think the red lentil stuff is the bomb! clap I made a pasta salad Smile
Sunday morning we'll shop at the veggie market and probably go to see a movie later. Roomie wants to see Valerian And The City Of  A Thousand Planets. It looks visually very impressive, but the acting is lame so it could be a sleeper....get it? Valerian/Sleeper? funnie
Back to top Go down
Beckea

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:01 pm

Hello!

One benefit of Summer was that each day we had more light to read by.”  

Jeannette Walls, The Glass Castle

Back to top Go down
Mozzie

Male

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:26 pm

It has been another wet and windy one here, also been cold. Was out and about in it the other night,

Zandranna

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:44 pm

Hi to all.

Only two days ago I read of an idiot throwing his cigarette out of the car window as he was driving through a high risk area for fires.  It amazes me how bloody stupid people can still be in areas like that.

I also am due for an eye test.  I've been putting it off until I move back to the flat.  All these years and I never knew you wore a hearing aid matie.  Our NHS ones are bloody crap.  All they do is make things loud when it's not that you can't hear the volumn it's that you can't here specific tones which makes you miss words.  I'm putting off having a hearing aid as I personally can cope at the moment even if it pees people off around me that they have to repeat themselves sometimes.

Sarah's internet here is crap Wendy.  If they are watching a netfix film in the sitting room and I happen to be talking on skype then my skype lockd up my comp and their film stops and starts.

Very dull here today.  I knew we wouldn't get many sunny days through our summer.  We never do.  But at least it's not too hot that it makes one feel ill.

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:17 am

Good morning everyone!

Yes Sandy, there's stupid people everywhere and I am convinced people are taking stupid pills kinda like the Matrix movie, they are given a choice of a smart pill and a stupid pill and they chose the stupid pill instead for whatever reason I have no idea, maybe they think it's a trick so they take the stupid pill thinking it's the smart pill.

Back to top Go down
http://canadianforumchat.freeforums.net
Spice

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:16 am

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone.
Back to top Go down
GERU

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:41 am

Sunny Sunday here , dry as a bone , and more of that to come .   

Got to get going , been sitting on the computer here and playing gams , so now it's rush rush rush to get some things done .... lol

Have a great day everyone  .

Owner

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:51 am

Sandy yes I've hearing aids for both ears for about 5 years now and my old ones fit snug inside the ears so it's not noticeable. You are right in that all sounds are amplified which is just stupid but hey if you've got an extra $10,000 + you can have a better one lol.
I can get away with not wearing the aids but I must admit to missing quiet a lot of a conversation then as I don't hear the lower, dull sounds anymore. Will see how the new ones go.

Almost midday and I've had a lazy, sleep in Monday morning as I was up half the night. Calls from overseas and messages from overseas lol.

Sandy I see people flick the ciggie buts out the window here too and now we can dob them in if we can get a photo with license plate etc. Just bloody stupid and lazy from those people.

I have to go and shower and get ready for my MRI soon and then check on Catherine's house again for mail etc.

Whisper

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:42 pm

To be fair Sandy my internet service is usually very good and fast. When it does go wrong it takes them an age to fix it though and their customer service is terrible. Luckily it doesn't go down very often.

I have the opposite problem when it comes to hearing. Everything sounds far too loud to me. Sometimes so much so it hurts my ears. I can't stand loud noises or bright lights either.

It's a beautiful sunny day here so far. Not too hot but lovely t-shirt weather. Lunch with family later so we may sit out in the communal gardens.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   

Back to top Go down

Daily Chat
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 32 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next