Photoshop Online

Daily Chat

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
GERU

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:04 am

Well, just as I thought , the eye glass store  made another mistake , they put in the wrong prescription again .... both times done by different girls ..... very careless , makes me mad having to run back and forth .  this is not the end yet, I doubt that the right prescription  will do , wi have to wait and see .

Cold  feeling out   , had to wear my winter coat and hat for the walk .
[

sunny Geru
Back to top Go down
Spherical
Owner

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:45 am

I can see that there are some funny things going on with your post Geru and no idea why. Do you copy and paste your messages? That can sometimes cause that as it also copies the format you use elsewhere.

AC is being installed as I type this. The guy has to come back tomorrow morning to do the gas part and the electric re-check etc. All depending on the weather as there can't be any moisture when he does that.

Free to be Me whee
Save
Back to top Go down
http://spherical.forumotion.com/ http://sphericals.weebly.com/
Whisper

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:56 pm

Keeping your friend's boy in my thoughts Martha. That's about as scary an accident as it gets. His mother must be terrified.

I hope you can enjoy your AC very soon. No chance here if it has to be dry to finish off. lol It's pouring with rain and quite windy too.

My sister cut and coloured my hair for me yesterday much later in the day than our usual get together. Felt very strange getting home when it was already dark so I know what you mean Sandy. I try to get through most things in the mornings too.
Back to top Go down
rbyslprs

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:51 pm

Just a quick hello as I'm out the door to run several errands. OMG.....I just looked out the window.....IT'S SNOWING!

Martha......sorry to hear about your friend's son.....snapped spinal cord isn't good.....keep us posted.

Brother in law is home from the hospital for now....we'll see how he does. It's not a good situation anyway.....ALS is a nasty disease and he won't be getting better.....I can see him failing on a daily basis. But, it is what it is and we deal with it one day at a time.

Enjoy your day!
Back to top Go down
ElaineH

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:43 am

hug2 Good Morning!
It's just above freezing here and cloudy. No snow expected, but I can smell it and wind feels icy.
Martha, so sorry to hear of the young man. That's got to be terrifying for the family Sad
rbyslprs, I've never known anyone with ALS but have read about what a horrible disease that is. My heart goes out to you all ♥️
Geru The issue with the eyeglass store is astounding! Are the employees all in training?? WoW!
This past weekend wore me out a bit. We drove around a lot & Roomie doesn't have good suspension on his car so you feel every bump or pebble on the road.  Today I'm feeling less sore & tight. I might even get some things done!
Have a beautiful day
Back to top Go down
GERU

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:40 am

Kind of gloomy here, some wind , feels cold , although it's 6c =41F  . Gardeners arrived as usual on Tuesday morning, blowing the leaves , and poking the bushes and plants here and there ... lol . Such a stupid happening , what for ?, half of the leaves are already back on the lawn because they just blow them on to the road instead of removing them Mad and they get paid,

Martha: no , I do not copy and paste at all Mad ,  congrats on getting the installation done so quickly , you will enjoy for sure .

Rby:  snow ? yes it is forecast for Toronto I read . We had flakes last week , but of course they melted  , don't want snow here , lots of Seniors live here, Pacific coast .... didn't you know ? lol , lol lol, what a joke on us lately .Sorry to hear the sad truth abut your B/L ,
I have a cousin who got it right after retirement , and now she  can't even eat , all organs are working , but her brain has forgotten everything except music , then she will come to life  so to speak . Her husband just died from neglecting himself so it seems  , he was just lost without her .

Elaine: Keep warm .....  Hope your Roomy will get new shocks  , ouch !!   take care .
My glasses ? yes, what a pain  , no , the girls are not in training , only ... they have other stuff on their minds , and don't pay proper attention to what they are doing .

Whisper:   Lucky you to have a sister who will cut your hair . enjoy your new cut , I need one too, but trying to wait a bit longer . Might even try a new shop, this one is very expensive , and  they engage in playing  gossip games so I have noticed , no thanks .

Ok , Off to find the wizard .

sunny Geru
Back to top Go down
Mozzie

Male

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:56 am

Bloody weather, stinking humidity, bloody bloody lol..... YUp it is that time of year again where the humidity is a killer, the clouds come over a little, ni rain but it is like living in a greenhouse

Back to top Go down
http://s15.zetaboards.com/New_Horizons/index/
Whisper

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:30 pm

The opposite here. No snow but a hard frost and sunny. Somewhere between the two would be nice. I don't like either extreme.

I am lucky GERU. My sister only recently gave up her hair salon she'd had for over twenty years. She still keeps her hand in doing a few of her elderly clients who didn't want anyone else doing their hair and family members though.
Back to top Go down
Spherical
Owner

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:42 pm

Brad I was about to ask you how the weather is for you! It truly was a horrible sticky humid day here too and thank goodness I could turn my new AC on! That got a workout a lot quicker then what I expected but it was well worth the outlay that's for sure.
No more fiddling with that portable AC so I will try and sell it on gumtree or one of the FB pages that I'm a member of.

My friend's son has woken out of the coma so now the tests will begin, to see how far/much he is paralysed .... brrr poor bugger and Lee, his mum, is beside herself and I'm so utterly worried about her now too. 
I've done a lot of cooking today and will take her some cooked meals tomorrow. I don't think she is eating at all to be honest and she will need every ounce of strength.

Ghee whiz Geru what a drama with your glasses! Hopefully you get this all sorted soon.

Wow so weird to see you posting about snow and hard frost. We had a very hot and humid day and it got to 35C sunny Very hot for our Spring that's for sure and at the moment there are thunderstorms going around me so I figured I quickly check in.

Free to be Me whee
Save
Back to top Go down
rbyslprs

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:40 pm

Hi all! Well,, our snow yesterday was a farce......didn't even stick to the ground.....and today we have sunshine & blue skies! It's cold but at least the sun is out and the lawn is as green as ever! LOL Who knows, we might get a day where I can mow one last time! LOL

Have several errands to run today so I'll be out the door shortly.

Enjoy your day!
Back to top Go down
GERU

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:39 am

Gadgets drive me crazy ... what a morning .  Decided to play my music system around 10;00 am , and noticed that it had a strange sound ( have not played the radio for a long time , always on this stupid computer .. lol .  
Found out the base wire was disconnected from the little grip inlet , wonder how that happened ?

Then I went back to the computer for something , and I had no internet , no phone , no TV, no Apple TV either .....nothing !!
Strange indeed I thought , it worked earlier . I waited , then investigated here and there and everywhere  . After some frustrating searches I finally found the culprit . I was disconnected from the power adopter on the floor behind the desk .
Guess I pulled the cord out when vacuuming earlier .  Sure relieved, thought I would have to spend another whole day trying to get technical support  from my provider

Martha: yes, don't mention glasses , what a rotten business they run .Happy to hear the lad is awake from the coma, one step at the time for now , sending prayers . Enjoy the air conditioner .  

Rby:  snowflakes melted ?  oh good , no shovelling yet , bring on the mower ... lol .  

Whisper:   yes indeed you are fortunate about the sister who just closed her shop, Enjoy , have a hair cut for me while you are at it .

Mozzie:     I  hate humidity with a passion too, nasty happening , makes me cranky .

Have a nice day all .

sunny Geru
Back to top Go down
Whisper

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:17 pm

Good to hear the young man is awake Martha. I'm guessing it will be quite some time before they have any results from all the tests. Your friend definitely needs to keep her strength up for the long haul. Kind of you to cook for her. I hope you can persuade her to eat some of it.

My car has been recalled for a problem I've never seen it have which is a pain in the proverbial. The girl on the phone said it has to go in so I told her I'd add it to my list and get back to them. I don't think she was happy.
Back to top Go down
Spherical
Owner

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:18 pm

Oh Geru I have done that while vacuuming the floor and thought my laptop had fried itself. Now that's the first thing I check hahaha.

Pleased the snow didn't hang around long Rby. No doubt you will have enough coming over the winter months.

Yeah Wendy it will be a long road and after I dropped of the food to Lee's I took her out to lunch and made sure she ate a good meal. Just a change of scenery for an hour was nice for her. I will call her every few days and check on her eating progress.  He's her only child there is no father in the picture so it will all fall on her shoulders.

Wonder how Sandy is doing and if she's snoring her head of now and the surgery went ok.

Free to be Me whee
Save
Back to top Go down
GERU

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:27 am

Overcast here, and lightly raining , but warmed up to 9c for now , they are getting snow some places in Canada now , so far so good here .

Hope Sandy will be doing OK by now , providing everything went well .
Whisper, good luck withe the recall visit for the car break ,
Martha: you sure look after people and help them out , how kind of you . 

See you later folks , been playing to long , need to get out there to run my errands .

sunny Geru
Back to top Go down
Spherical
Owner

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:49 am

All went well for Sandy and she send me a message ones she had woken up and was having something to eat. She is now resting and fingers crossed will be home now or if not will come home today.

Morning all and another beautiful day in paradise Smile

Geru I've always helped out where ever I can as this is something that I feel is more important then contributing to all those causes that we get bombarded with.

Free to be Me whee
Save
Back to top Go down
Whisper

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:00 pm

It is Martha and I'm sure Lee appreciates your help. Nice to know she ate one good meal at least. It's going to be even tougher with no dad around but we can be remarkably resilient when we have no choice.

Is that snoring I hear? Good to hear the op went well and Sandy should be home already or very soon.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:50 pm

Just spent a while reading back.  I missed a whole page of this chatting just over the one day.

Seems doom and gloom weatherwise for all of us except Martha and Mozzie.  We are all in coats now down here, but there wont be any snow, if any, for a while yet.  At least until January.  I expect Wendy will get it before me as she is further north.

Still thinking of that young man Martha.  It's so sad what with him getting all his plans together for the future.

My sound has also gone haywire on my comp Geru.  It just sounds awful, especially with music playing.  I now have to use the headphones on it mostly as I suppose they work from a separate part of the sound system.  I've followed all the instructions from all over the web to fix it, but quite honestly this laptop is working on a wing and a prayer now it's so old.

Yup, I'm home now - Last night about 6pm I was able to escape - Resting today though as still a bit wobbly and sore.  I now don't have to go back for 6 months again.  Maybe next time might be the last, although I keep saying that, lol.

Thanks for you thoughts.

Back to top Go down
http://zandranna.forumotion.com http://zandranna.forumotion.com/h4-site-map
GERU

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:48 am

overcast here, but mild 9c , but staying in today , catch up on laundry and other odd jobs .

My glasses finally seem to be working ...hurray .... what a drama , must check on them the next time and not think they are doing things right 

Glad you are home Sandy  , and that all went ok , rest up now , after all  that stress  .

Martha, I agree with you on helping folks out any way you can , rather then donating to a cause when you don't even know if it goes to the right places .

Whisper: hope things are coming along for you and all that paperwork .

Have a nice day all .

sunny Geru
Back to top Go down
Spherical
Owner

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:07 am

Morning all and just finished watering the gardens as it's going to be a hot 36C today.
Thank goodness I have the ac now lol.

Not much planned for this weekend but I do need to think about a present for Jeremy as his birthday is coming up in a weeks time. I know he wants a new mobile phone but the one he likes to get is expensive. Aren't they all.

Yes Sandy me too and at the moment this young man can not move anything. They did tell his mum that because of swelling etc this could change to him being able to move his arms and hands but it's waiting to see really.
So sad and he finally got the job he wanted as an engineer and doing fly in/fly out work in the mines which pays very well. He had bought a nice place in beautiful Fremantle and that is not a cheap area to buy. To think that all has changed now and that he will need around the clock care is scary and so sad.

Hope you are resting and feeling a bit better today Sandy Smile

Geru I did some research into charity events that ask people to donate money and go for charity runs etc and the thing is; on average only about 30% really goes to what the cause is for; the rest goes into admin and paying the staff. That to me is so wrong and I refuse to donate money to them.
I'd rather spend 1 day a week or fortnight and help a person out directly.

Free to be Me whee
Save
Back to top Go down
Zandranna

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:50 pm

I'm the same now Martha.  I feel as if I am being conned when I give to charity.  They spend a fortune on really long tv adverts and most of the money goes to paying really high saleries to those organising it.  Saleries that most ordinary people couldn't hope to earn.

There are a couple of charities I have been thinking of doing recently though.  One is the paying towards guide dogs being trained.  I know they need so many of those.  https://www.guidedogs.org.uk/sponsor-a-puppy/

And the other is something like microloans whereby you pay to help people in poor countries start up a small business.  Then they pay that money back and you can then either get your money back when that business kicks off, or give it to start someone else up and so on.

This is the sort of thing I mean https://www.lendwithcare.org/

I think both of those are well deserving, and the majority of the money goes directly to them as far as I can see.

Back to top Go down
http://zandranna.forumotion.com http://zandranna.forumotion.com/h4-site-map
Whisper

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:52 pm

Congrats on the glasses finally GERU. lol Paperwork is all in hand and I'm just waiting for other people who are so slow. No stress over it now though.

That's really sad Martha. Sad under any circumstances but to go from having his dream job and beautiful new home to that is an even greater tragedy.

I still have faith in Children in Need which is next Friday. I'm happy to donate when I see where the money goes and how many lives it makes a huge difference to. Both your charities look pretty sound too Sandy.
Back to top Go down
Spherical
Owner

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:38 pm

How about that ... I actually did the "lend with care" one Sandy. It was about 10y ago now I think and I supported 2 people; one in Cambodia and 1 in the Philippines. The Cambodia one was for a school and that school still exists today.

Good to hear the stress is no more Wendy.

Free to be Me whee
Save
Back to top Go down
rbyslprs

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:56 pm

Hi all! We've had some wild weather the past couple of days....had about 1" of snow Thursday night and the temperature was in the teens.....Friday was bitterly cold and omg windy! Just went right thru you! Today we have sunshine and right now it is 23*.....weather dude says we'll be in the 40s most of next week.....a regular heat wave! LOL

Stayed in all day yesterday and did house stuff, laundry, etc. Just too cold to be out and about. Today I do have to run to Aldi for a couple of odds and ends.

Am off for more coffee....enjoy your day!
Back to top Go down
Dazzal

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:00 am

Hello Martha and the Gang. Stopping in briefly to do a little posting and I'll be back later. I have errands to run and working out at the gym.

Have a great weekend. It's been gorgeous weather;  upper 50's and 60's and sunny with beautiful Fall colors.

Back to top Go down
http://s15.zetaboards.com/Friday_Night_Lights/index/
Whisper

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:32 pm

I'll take Dazzal's weather. The snow and wind rby can keep. It's sunny this morning with a max of 43F forecast dropping to 30F tonight.

I've given up stressing Martha. Short of lighting a fire under some people there's no way I can make them move any faster so there's no point letting it wind me up.

Great to know the school you contributed to is still going strong. Makes the giving worthwhile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   

Back to top Go down

Daily Chat
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next