Daily Chat

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Whisper

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:29 pm

You should get a refund from that charm school Sandy. lol

I use CookieKeeper to manage my cookies. It allows me to select which ones to protect so I don't have to keep signing into places etc. but then I just dump the rest. If they're ones I really don't like I block them before deleting them too. Gives me chance to see just what's being put on my computer and from where rather than just deleting all cookies from the browser.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:01 pm

Rofl. Oh that was really so funny Wendy. Love it!

Back to top Go down
http://zandranna.forumotion.com http://zandranna.forumotion.com/h4-site-map
rbyslprs

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:30 pm

Hi all.....we're still having summer here.....we've had 8 or 9 days now with temps in the mid to high 80s.....a/c has been running! Some days it's been muggy and others down right humid.....yuck. This kind of weather is unheard of for September!

Lawn needs mowing and I'll give it a shot today.......if I don't feel good then Dick can do it when he gets home.

Had the staples and stiches taken out this past Thursday.....ewww......at least I can now wash my hair but very carefully. Have to wait a couple of more weeks before getting a haircut and before I can do my roots.....OMG do they need doing!

Am off to do a few things.....enjoy your day.
Back to top Go down
GERU

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:17 am

Lovely sunny fall weather here , 15c right now here at around noon time .

Yes, I did get on my bus trip yesterday, believe it or not ... lol big thing for me , learning another bus route to take to get to a shopping area and back  . Life is different without my car , sure miss it for  getting stuff home  , like maybe a nice big fall plant etc ...guess I will get some smaller ones at the supermarket here .

Talked with my sister this morning , she lives in Ontario, and they are dying with the heat right now , got extreme heat warnings out for this weekend  . The weatherman is all mixed up this year I guess  , they had nothing but rain all summer she says .    lol

Sandy:  you talk funny .....   lol!    , I agree with Wendy  bounce

Rby:  glad you are up and around , and got the stitches out , take it careful on doing the roots . real carelul ,   It's hot out too I see  , easy does it .   

Martha: Not going to visit your garden lol
,  I am allergic !!   .... lol  , but glad no real harm was done by that storm .       

Elaine: glad you are getting back on track with your computer ,  I try not to download anything if I can help it, things attach themselves to it , and Bingo!!    

Wendy:  That cookie-Keeper sounds like a good idea alright .  

Got to get out of here now , have a great day all .  

sunny Geru
Back to top Go down
Spherical
Owner

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:03 pm

Lol Elaine, Sandy and Wendy Smile

I've had a real lazy, slow stay in my pj's Sunday so far and the next front is approaching with thunderstorms expected etc so thought I best check in now while I can.

Rby good that the staples are out and yes just take it easy for a few more days as it will be tender no doubt.

I have CCleaner set up to keep certain cookies but not many as I rather clear it all out of my computer and then just re-sign in if needed.

Free to be Me whee
Save
Back to top Go down
http://spherical.forumotion.com/ http://sphericals.weebly.com/
Whisper

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:58 pm

Patience is a virtue they say rby. It's a pain is what I say. lol

Glad you got your bus trip in GERU. It's good to stay independent even without a car. Maybe for big stuff you could consider finding somewhere that delivers at a reasonable cost. It has to be cheaper than running a car if it's only occasionally for a special plant or something.

I have ten sign ins saved that are places I use daily and am too lazy to keep signing in to. Some I use several times a day so it got a bit tedious.

I hope that weather doesn't do any damage Martha and your power stays on.
Back to top Go down
GERU

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:48 am

Nice fall day here , sunny and few clouds here and there , 15c , nice day for a walk I say .
But ... I need to do my roots today , no buts about it  . Still have not found a wind proof umbrella , or the right type of rain bootie ,  guess its another bus trip coming up next week . 

Buses are Ok, but they are an easy way to catch someone's cold  .

Wendy:  yes,  delivery for the big plants might  be a good  idea , I will check this out  .  

Martha:  hope you enjoyed your slow  long weekend, with the computer off , and your kindle and coffee and chocolates , sounds great  . I think  reading on kindle is great , love it  . I stopped bringing books home from the library , since I found  out about the silverfish liking paper and glue on books,  they lay their eggs there , and like to hide in books, and get dragged from one home to another that way .   One good thing is .... they don't bite , but they are sure ugly.    Stick to your Kindle  I say .... lol

Hello to  Rby, Tara, Sandy  Elaine, and everyone else I may have missed , have a great Sunday  

Geru

Storms

sunny Geru
Back to top Go down
Spherical
Owner

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:49 am

Power stayed on but had thunderstorms so unplugged the computer/modem etc but all is good here Wendy.

Geru I see you copied your post to here so I have deleted it from the other thread for you.
I have found the Kindle so easy and good to have as I don't have the space to keep all the normal books anymore.

It's still raining here and a dull looking sky. No idea yet what I will be doing on this public holiday so might make it a movie/tv shows day that I still have to catch up on.

Free to be Me whee
Save
Back to top Go down
Whisper

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:02 pm

Back to housework etc. for me today. The weather suits my mood. Grey and drizzly with no sign of the sun we saw the last two mornings. I'd happily turn around and head back to California.

GERU get yourself a pet centipede. They eat silverfish. lol I still prefer the feel of a real book. I'm a dinosaur.

Glad to hear you didn't suffer any storm damage and the power stayed on Martha.

Lunch with family later so I better get back to this cleaning. Mutter, mumble.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:42 pm

I prefer reading and handling real books but for me it's not an option as I have no space for them now. So it's mostly Kindle for me too. Although not an actual Kindle but rather the Kindle app on my ipad and phone. The phone app comes in really handy for carrying a book around when waiting at the Doctors or Hospital etc. I just then sync the page I was reading up to my ipad when I get home.

Back to top Go down
GERU

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:26 am

Overcast day here with light drizzle , bits of blue sky showing here and there, It's going to warm up again for a couple of days this week so I am reading .

Nothing much doing here , just everyday things , walk to the village to run errands and get groceries .  

We hardly ever get thunderstorms here   , thank goodness ,  don't like them to much . Sorry about my posting error Martha, I must have been asleep ... lol , thanks for deleting it there .

And I don't have an actual Kindle either , I have the app on my computer and  on my iPad, 

Centipede ??  Oh dear,   that is a nightmare affraid affraid affraid no thanks,  you can keep that for a pet Wendy  Laughing

See you later  Alligators ... lol

sunny Geru
Back to top Go down
ElaineH

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:37 am

Happy Monday everyone!
I'm taking a bit of a break from housework at the moment, then backat'er. Still have laundry to get done too, but maybe I'll leave it for tomorrow. I wouldn't want to have too boring of a Tuesday, lol
Back to top Go down
Spherical
Owner

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:50 am

I only got one load of washing done yesterday as I need to wait for space on the clothe horse.

My tablet is bigger then my Kindle so when I know I have a long waiting time I always take my Kindle with me Sandy.

Busy day today for me so a quick check in before heading out the door.

I see that people are still leaving for Bali here. It's school holiday here now for 2 weeks and a lot of families take of to Bali during that time but with Mt Agung about to erupt you wouldn't get me on a plane!

Free to be Me whee
Save
Back to top Go down
Whisper

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:50 pm

I suppose if I'd already booked and paid for my holiday there I'd probably risk it. Not sure I would if I was taking kids though.

I have tons of books but these days my sister and I tend to get them at various book stalls or charity shops. We both read them then give them back to a charity. I'm sure they sell them several times over.

Cleaning downstairs this morning and then visiting my brother later. I haven't been for three weeks so I bet he has a list of computer stuff that needs "fixing" by now. For which read he doesn't know how to do something on it mostly.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:47 pm

You certainly wouldn't catch me going to Bali at this time either. One thing about the UK natural disasters are pretty rare. Plus of course we only have the one poisonous snake which is a bit of a coward anyway and wouldn't dream of entering our homes.

I've never heard about centipedes eating silverfish. You live and learn. I know silverfish are one of the oldest creatures on the planet but other than that I don't know anything about them, except they soon scoot when the light is turned on. Fast little buggers.

Back to top Go down
GERU

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:56 am

I am off to a doctor appointment soon, just a quick drop in today .

sunny Geru
Back to top Go down
rbyslprs

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 am

Hi all....I am alive and well...........just a few more scabs need to fall off ......ewww....and I should be good to go!

Weather has been unbelievable......for the past 14 days we've had high 80s and 90* days.....a/c has been running! Good thing or I'd melt! LOL However, it will be fall on Thursday......temps are suppose to be in the 60s......can't wait to open the windows!

Lots to do around here because since I fell I really haven't done housework.....will do a little at a time.....don't want to wear myself out.

As for cutting & coloring my hair......they told me to wait 2 weeks and I WILL wait.....geez, I don't want to risk getting an infection!

Am off to check TV listings.....it's premiere night for NCIS and Lethal Weapon....only thing is they're on at the same time on different channels....will watch one and will have to catch the other On Demand.

Enjoy your evening!
Back to top Go down
Spherical
Owner

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:02 am

I haven't seen much silverfish here in many years and they can stay away to!

Managed to get my washing dry outside overnight so that's a bonus. Smile 
Cold this morning though as that wind is biting and strong.

Pale Moon had a big update waiting for me so just done that.

Need to vacuum and mop floors today and perhaps clean my windows.

The thing with Bali is that yes people have booked and paid etc and they will want to go but the Balinese locals are all saying that they are not coping with evacuating and looking after their own, let alone all the tourists; so I see why they want tourist to stay home at the moment.
I have a friend who is living in Bali and she said the same thing. Not enough resources to look after their own so a big influx of travelers won't be good.
It's Spring school holiday here which is usually a busy time for Bali as a lot of families from Perth flock there then.
Then there is of course the insurance companies and whether they pay out cancellations; that is a big issue at the moment. If you are already in Bali now then you're covered but if you leave now with the highest warning in place then they can refuse you the insurance for that.

Free to be Me whee
Save
Back to top Go down
Whisper

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:02 pm

Ah. I hadn't thought about that. I can see why the locals want them to stay away if resources are already stretched. Insurance companies will get out of paying out any way they can. Loopholes are built into their policies as a norm I reckon. Vultures!

lol@Sandy. They are fast and do seem to have a real aversion to light. I've seen them disappear under skirting boards like lightning. I've only ever seen relatively small ones except on one trip to America when I saw one ten times the size and didn't even realize it was the same critter until someone told me.

Hi GERU. I hope the appt went well.

@rby. First World problems. When to colour our hair and which show to watch live. lol
Back to top Go down
Zandranna

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:26 pm

It has to be the governments advising no travel before people could get their money back. Once a government warning is in place they have to pay out I believe. I could be wrong, but that's what I've always thought.

Good your head is slowly healing Rby.

I had silverfish under my bath in my top floor flat here. Too fast to catch the buggers until I bought that spider alarm. That doesn't get rid of all the s/fish but the stragglers do move a heck of a lot slower as it makes them sluggish. Enough to tread on the little sods. So after plugging in the alarm I only ever saw the odd one or two.

I haven't seen anything that crawls at all in this flat. Neither do the flies, wasps or bees come in either when the windows are open. I do get the odd knat or two, but that's it.

Back to top Go down
Mozzie

Male

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:59 pm

Hello everyone, sorry i ant been on, but i had a little stay in hospital due to an injury that turned into an infection and now i have to take aggressive anti biotics for it and have ongoing treatment which is a hassle as the hospital isn't close by and is hard to get to.

Other than all that, it has been good just sitting at home not doing anything and just relaxing, but getting bored as well.

Back to top Go down
http://s15.zetaboards.com/New_Horizons/index/
GERU

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:05 am

Nice sunny day here 17c , and getting warmer, lovely fall day to enjoy .  
Doing laundry today, then head to the village and return something I bought . The lid came off while in my shopping cart  , and what a mess, had a big cleaning job to do , naturally I do not want to eat this , as the seal must have been broken .

You would not find me going to Bali the best of times , never mind now .......,  to hot there for me .  I watch the Travel channel some times , you get to see lots of a country it's culture and it's foods , much cheaper too... lol

Silverfish seem to like heat  , that is why you will find dead ones sitting  in your  light globes on the sealing   , so why do they run like heck  when you turn on the light ???? They live in the walls, cause they find glue there , and come out to look for more glue , chemicals and water .  I catch them easy , by approaching them very carefully . I bought  some stuff that is safe for pets , and us,  but not them . I put it behind the fridge  in shallow tin lids  works like a charm ,   I do not find many now,  and sure don't step on them lol, get a Kleenex , thank goodness, they don't seem to have any blood ....yuk  Spider alarm ?   never heard of it , just another noise maker it sounds like .... lol .  how does this work ?    

Rby: glad you are getting better , and taking your time about coloring , enjoy all your TV programs , and hope the heat has up and left .

Mozzie: sorry to hear you  are ill, hope the antibiotics will do the trick .

Hello to Martha, Wendy, Sandy , and Tara .

sunny Geru
Back to top Go down
Spherical
Owner

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:07 am

Aw sorry to here Brad and good to see you're back home and resting now. Always better to do that at home and yes being bored goes with that lol. Have you got some movies to watch or tv shows to catch up on?
Hope the antibiotics work fast and perhaps ask your doctor or chemist if you can take a Probiotic so that your gut stays strong and you heal faster that way too.

I still haven't gotten myself one of those spider alarms Sandy! Must do that soon.

Yep here the Government also puts out a warning to travelers Sandy and it's up to the insurance companies whether one gets a refund or they can re-book their flight.

Geru I don't like Bali as it's dirty, filthy there in most spots and the beaches look like trash cans; it's disgusting.
My girls have been and they stay in a resort type villa and away from the tourist areas and it was beautiful there and very clean.

Free to be Me whee
Save
Back to top Go down
rbyslprs

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:11 pm

Hi all.....yesterday it was 90*....omg.....these last two weeks are the hottest we've had all summer.....however, today it's suppose to cool down.....will be in the 60s the next several days. Works for me......I'll be able to turn off the a/c and open the windows!

Went out for my birthday last night......just went to the Chinese buffet.....Dick wanted to go some place fancier but I really like the buffet.....his mom wants to take us both out for our Sept. birthdays so we'll go someplace fancy then......

Did go to Aldi yesterday.......always get good buys there.......the eggplant was beautiful so I grabbed one of those and will make eggplant sauce today......need to get out my soup cookbook......with the temps getting cooler definitely time to make soups!

Mozzie.....hope you get to feeling better soon.

Am off for some coffee.....enjoy your day!
Back to top Go down
Whisper

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:09 pm

Hope the antibiotics work Mozzie and you feel better soon.

Glad you enjoyed your night out rby and nice to have another one to look forward to soon too.

I'm a bit sick at the moment but nothing serious. Just a nasty bug I think. I don't feel up to much though so a good chance to have a lazy day I think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daily Chat   

Back to top Go down

Daily Chat
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next